Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Morning



                As Friday was my last day as a Janitor and class is officially over, I excitedly stayed up till 4 in the morning last night and set my alarm clock for 12 pm with glee. I anticipated waking up to the sun’s rays streaming in from my window and Lizzy’s happy music as she packed and cleaned. Instead, I woke up to the sarcastic tones of the boy’s RA, declaring, “I’m going to break honor code and come in your room to inspect it.” Instantaneously, I pictured the my half of the floor, with all my clothes and various unmentionables strewn about. Looking quite like this, I’m ashamed to say: 



                Then I realized I was bra-less.

                Resignedly, I pulled my covers over my head, and prepared for the onslaught of awkward rapidly approaching. To my relief, I soon heard the RA say, choking back what I assume was laughter at the sight of my reaction, “Or…I will check the bathroom first.” 

                Jumping out of bed, I shut the door and then proceeded to gather my clothes in an even larger pile, effectively hiding all unmentionables, shouting every thirty seconds, “give me like a minute and then we’ll be good!” Once accomplishing the feat, I began to fix my current state of undress and heard the RA getting ready to enter. Utter fear of him coming in while I was still getting dressed caused me to shriek back, “Un momento!” 

                I heard Lizzy offer apologetically, “She’s just woke up.” Finishing quickly, I opened the door, winced at my reflection in the hall mirror, and walked into our kitchen, forcing a smile to greet the RA.

                Ironically, my alarm went off as soon as I began eating breakfast, surprising the RA who sat on our couch. 

               Oh how I wish I would’ve woken up earlier.
Moral(s) of The Story
-Laziness comes with a price. 

-A messy room essentially acts as a public display of everything.

-Hiding as a lump and faking unconsciousness, metaphorically and literally, is not an effective way of dealing with uncomfortable moments. 

-ANNALEE

No comments:

Post a Comment