Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Now Pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Sassa-Frass

As the year came to a close, goodbyes were being said to our friends and our favorite people.  As I was walking home from work on Wednesday, I ran into the twins (a.k.a. Alex- Julie's boy, and Blake) packing up their truck to head out.  The twins were some of our very first friends here, so I wanted to say my last goodbyes for two years.  Blake gives me a hug, we tell each other good luck on our missions, etc. (this part was a little uncomfortable due to our interesting past...) Alex gave me a big hug and in an almost-whispering tone says to me "We've become really good friends this semester."  This was true, but super cheesy, so I replied with a sassy "yep."  He then proceeds to call me "Mrs. Sassa-frass!", all before letting me out of a hug.  My first instinct was to call him a name back, but after a long week of finals, all I could think of was Mr. Sassa-frass... Since Julie had just broken his heart (BTW, welcome to the club, Julie!) , and I had no interest in him, and it would have been extremely uncomfortable since we were standing next to Blake, whose heart I had broken, I had absolutely no interest in calling him the Mr. to my Mrs. The name almost blurted out of my mouth though, and in order to stop myself, my face naturally scrunched up and I did this weird breath in.  We stood there for a few seconds while I thought of a proper comeback, but all I could think of was "Eh, it's all relative..." Then all three of us did a really depressing giggle.
In all honesty, I'm pretty proud of myself for restraining my mouth.  This story would have been a lot different had I not... Hahaha.
Also, goodbyes are the worst.

--Sadie

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to make me smile, dear.
    Also, I agree. Goodbyes are HORRIBLE.
    Anyway, love ya.

    ReplyDelete